When I click the “share” button at the bottom left of my audio files, I don’t see any link or button for wordpress, It only shows facebook, twitter, tumblr, and pintrest.
For my final logo design I changed the direction of the “B” so that the edges of both initials would line up. I made a small gap between the two letters to try to help it stand out a little more. I also changed the shape of the letter “B” using the arch tool to create a new shape. Another part I changed is the gradient; I used less grey and made it a couple shades lighter. I also made the stroke to a 3 point line and used a crimson color. I kept my color to a crimson/grey theme because I wanted to stick with cougar colors since it corresponds with my photo collage so much, it’s an important part to incorporate to my logo. I changed the font of my name underneath as well, to give it a little more of a friendly vibe instead of the boxy look it had before. A critique I agreed with was that it had too blocky and little uncomfortable so I wanted to fix that and the gradient needed to flow a little better which I think helped by lightening it. I think this logo design is a little more fun and not so industrial, like I felt from the draft. I wanted to try some colors with the background but couldn’t decide on a shape or space that I liked so I decided it was better to just keep the letters. If I could change anything I might try fitting the letters into another shape or try using negative space in the design to shape the letters, but I am happy overall with the outcome of my logo.
This is the draft logo that I created; I had a tough time trying to figure out a creative design. I sketched out a couple different ideas that would stand out and look clean. I wanted to find a clever way to incorporate my initials into a graphic or shape but it wasn’t that easy. I decided to use my initials (B.W.) as my logo because my theme is “about me” and I wasn’t able to come up with just one image that represented me as a whole.
I started my process by trying out different vector shapes to use as the outline of the different parts of the letters. After trying a few different arrangements I decided on the rectangle shape as the main, starting line (or shape) of both letters then used the rounded rectangle for the curved parts of the “B” and added arched lines inside for a better visual. I used the line tool the make the rest of the “W” lines and added a triangle to one side for more depth as well. Next I chose a color scheme; I went with a more obvious choice by using the WSU crimson and grey colors because a lot of my photos from my collage are with people I’ve known or met here in Pullman and to represent my coug pride! I also tilted the logo like we did in the tutorial so that it didn’t look so boring.
For my final draft I would like to make my design a little more inspiring. I’m going to try a few different designs that use my initials to create an image or use the letters as part of an image. I really like the negative space detail in some that I have seen so I will try that technique as well. There are a lot of areas I could improve on, I feel like mainly in my design creativity that I will explore for my final logo.